SEPTEMBER 21, 2021 // 1-4 PM EST
Linked Senior, Activity Connection, the National Association of Activity Professionals (NAAP), and the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP) are proud to partner and provide quarterly educational #ActivitiesStrong virtual gatherings. This gathering will focus on helping activity and life enrichment professionals understand the state of resident engagement in a post-COVID-19 world, explore best practices and methods and outline the long lasting changes that will occur in how to build person-centered experiences for older adults.
Participants who attend the live event can earn up to 3 NAB, NCCAP, NCCDP and/or NCTRC CEU Credits.
SESSION 1: 1-2PM EST
Activities' Role on the Interdisciplinary Team and Creative Interventions for Sleep Issues
- Discuss how interdisciplinary goals can influence bio-psycho-social wellbeing
- Describe the impact of dementia on establishing interdisciplinary team goals
- Identify examples of evidence-based programs that align with the goals of other disciplines to improve resident outcomes, such as reducing falls and improving sleep
Data-Driven Resident Engagement for Clinical and Financial Outcomes
- Review the familiar, yet underutilized process of APIE and discuss the preliminary results of the Senior Living Index of Resident Engagement Score (SLIRES).
- From this data review, identify the current challenges within this process in Senior Living and discuss proposed high-level practices and benchmarks to pave the way for a new era in resident engagement.
- Discuss how to re-evaluate your resident engagement program using a QAPI format to move towards positive clinical outcomes and a return on investment worth mentioning.
SESSION 3: 3-4 PM EST
Building Occupancy: Technology, Communication, and Accountability
- Support holistic interactions through clinical & social model process
- Communicate the necessary information to right people within your business
- Capture interactions with residents and gain transparency both clinical and otherwise
Post-Gathering Networking and Happy Hour Event
Instead of a monetary donation, we would love for you to consider donating Wisdom about resident engagement, being an activity or life enrichment directory and the passion you have for serving the older adult.
We will use these as part of our #ActivitiesStrong initiative.